Friday, September 11, 2009

Some Questions I've Had About the Reunion

I thought I would post on here answers to some questions I've had had about the reunion details.

1. Understand that the $35 is going toward food AND the rental of the building, but is any of the $ going toward the purchase of alcohol?

The $35 charge is to cover the meal and the rental of the facility. No money is going toward the purchase of alcohol.

2. I’m assuming that people will be able to BYOB?
I don't know about BYOB.? We didn't plan on alcohol being involved. I guess this should be discussed and maybe a vote on this? I don't know? I have asked the owners of Millrace if some can BYOB if they wish. Will post as soon as I know.!

3. The reunion FB page states the reunion is for Jerome Stiles. We have lost several classmates and understand that there may be some memorial mention for them.

(Shari, please correct me if I am mistaken.) The statement "This is for you Jerome" was posted on there by Shari Soph when she created the page? It was right after Jerome's death and I think it was because Jerome had wanted to have a reunion. I would like to do some type of memorial for all classmates who have passed. Would someone like to be in charge of this?

Melissa Floyd Hall has volunteered to light a candle and maybe have a moment of silence in memory of our classmates who have passed. We have decided that we will not direct it toward or mention any classmates name for fear of leaving someone out. Ten years is hard to cover with this type thing and we would not want to hurt anyone by leaving one out.

4. Is there a threat that if enough people do not RSVP that the reunion will not take place? If so, will all of people’s $ be refunded?

We already have over 20 people who have indicated that they will be there so, No, no threat of no reunion. If something did happen, I would personally see to it that the balance in the savings account be divided equally between the ones who have payed, but I don't see that happening at this point. (I have already paid $100 to reserve the venue and $50 for the advertising in the local newspaper.)

5. My suggestion is that all of the people who have responded be listed yah or nay on the blog page or FB page if possible. More people might decide to RSVP if they knew more of the people who were coming.

I have tried to think of ways to let people RSVP (the blog has it on there) but it's not working. ? I do have a list of people that I have spoken to or emailed directly that have said, "yes" they are coming. (27 names of classmates - not counting spouses)!

No comments:

Post a Comment